|Director of Brand Strategy, Marketing & Communications|
Company: Climb Hire
Location: Remote - United States, US
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/28/2023
Expire Date: 03/28/2023
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Director of Brand Strategy, Marketing & Communications|
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Director of Brand Strategy, Marketing & Communications is responsible for the development of Climb Hire’s brand identity as a leader in the national workforce development/career advancement space and for the strategic leadership + oversight of marketing campaigns that drive outcomes. Because Climb Hire is a national program, we’re bullish on digital marketing and expect the Director of Brand Strategy, Marketing & Communications to be ready to help us execute on that. Because we're in a growth stage, we also expect the Director of Brand Strategy, Marketing & Communications to help us create the culture we’re looking for with strong internal communications and personnel/performance management that aligns with the values of the organization—strong people management skills are a must.
We project significant growth in the coming year. We know the tactics that got us to where we are will not get us where we need to go. In year one, you can expect to lead (with your 2 direct reports and a healthy budget for consultants) projects like a brand refresh, a website redesign (goodbye Squarespace; hello Wordpress or basically anything else), an earned media campaign, and a digital marketing strategy overhaul. If you're hungry to make big things happen fast, you're gonna love this place.
• Develop and execute on a comprehensive brand strategy to significantly increase awareness of Climb Hire and its offerings among prospective Climbers, employers, and funders (both philanthropic and governmental)
• Professionalize Climb Hire’s visual identity and voice with a branding/style refresh (and, as appropriate, further iterations of brand/style) that authentically tells the story of Climb Hire to all of the organization’s audiences (Climbers, employers, and funders alike)
• Lead an adoption/internal communication program that ensures consistent application of brand strategy throughout the enterprise
• Lead a marketing & communications strategy that brings new Climbers into the program, excites employers about hiring alumni, and earns the trust of both public and private funders
• Organize staff around comprehensive, diversified marketing campaigns that respond to the cyclical needs of the of the enterprise, preventing reactive marketing scrambles
• Ensure all marketing is supportive of Climb Hire’s values regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion—in terms of content, but also in terms of value propositions used and ad targeting
• Develop communications protocols and internal procedures for collaboration between programs teams and Marketing team, in particular regarding program updates
• Lead communications strategy for a storytelling campaign to include video, earned media, blog content, and enews
• Lead website refresh with an eye towards encouraging website visitors to take action by applying, hiring or donating
• Present information (whether via written updates, live presentations, Loom/Vidyard videos, or otherwise) about brand strategy, marketing, communications, and other responsibilities to both internal and external stakeholders (including all-staff audiences, senior leaders, board members, funders and prospective funders, and governmental stakeholders).
• Share management of $2.5MM Growth team budget, with primary responsibility for a $700,000 marketing budget
• Select vendors for major projects (website redesign; brand refresh; marketing creatives; social media influencers; consultants) and oversee (either directly or through staff) vendor performance
• Work cross-functionally (for example, with the admissions, alumni affairs, government affairs, and employer partnerships teams) to develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization and its stakeholders’ priorities—from audience prioritization to their customers’ level of brand awareness.
• Facilitate a culture of communication by creating norms around value propositions for new learning tracks, consistent communications with customers and prospective customers, and steady rhythms of internal communication.
• Facilitate a culture of accountability by modeling ownership of commitments and coaching your team to do the same
• Collaborate with rest of leadership team on the development of leadership norms, organizational culture, and HR practices
• Lead the development of the marketing team, which will consist of 2 FTEs; tentatively slated to include one Digital Marketing Manager & one Marketing & Communications specialist. Develop compensation plan; set and manage to performance goals; support career pathways and professional development.
• 6+ years of experience in brand strategy, marketing and communications with a clear track record of strategic leadership and disciplined execution that delivers results
• 3+ years of experience in people management, with a track record of maximizing the excellence of each team member and of facilitating collaborative, entrepreneurial and accountable team cultures
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, public administration, or a related field
• 4 years of professional experience may be substituted for degree
• Significant experience with both project management and vendor management
• Significant experience documenting and leading the adoption of processes and procedures
• Advanced proficiency in data synthesis, analysis and application with experience clearly communicating complex campaign performance metrics to non-marketing leaders
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Passionate about and able to clearly articulate Climb Hire's mission and values
• Proven track record of advancing priorities related to diversity, equity and inclusion
• Authorized to work in the United States
Company Name: Climb Hire