|Banking Operations Treasury Specialist|
Company: Maryland State Treasurer's Office
Location: Annapolis, MD
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/30/2021
Expire Date: 09/30/2021
Job Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Government and Policy
Banking Operations Treasury Specialist|
The IT Division supports the Maryland State Treasurer's Constitutional duties for disbursement, receipts and reconciliation of moneys of the State. The IT Division plans, builds, programs, manages and supports all of the technology platforms that are used by the Maryland State Treasurer's Office. These systems run in-house developed programs in tandem with commercially developed software, providing the agency with highly customized applications that address specific needs.
This position engages in every aspect of network administration, network design, application support, information security, and configuration management for the State Treasurer’s Office. In addition to traditional IT functions, this position works directly with Treasury Management departments including banking, investments, accounting and insurance, by providing on-the-spot technical expertise and customized solutions. Due to the small size of our agency, required tasks cover a wide variety of systems and users, and duties range from Tier I to Tier 3 support.
The applicant should be prepared for a challenging role that will include providing a broad range of IT support needed to update and replace existing IT systems with new technology, as well as maintain legacy systems and provide ongoing operational support. In addition, this individual will be instrumental in the research, recommendation, and execution of the overall IT strategy plan that will shape the continued direction of the Office. This includes private and public cloud hosting technology platforms, security monitoring, device configuration (routers, switches and firewalls), software, and system upgrades that are adaptable to carry the agency into the future.
This position requires wide-ranging expert knowledge in order to ensure the security, availability, reliability, and efficiency of IT systems. This position’s specialization in IT security also requires expert knowledge of IT Security principles and best practices, sound judgment in application of that knowledge, and ability to thoroughly research issues. The ideal candidate will show a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies, as well as a demonstrated ability to communicate and establish/maintain effective working relationships with management, IT co-workers, network users, and external contacts.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology.
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
Notes: 1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year- for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
SELECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS (also required)
• Two of the required years of experience must be supporting end users of Windows operating systems, including O365 management and administration.
• One of the required years of experience must include IT security-related functions, following best practices in securing networks and data.
• One of the required years of experience must be administering Microsoft Azure.
• One of the required years of experience must include managing IT staff including assigning and reviewing work, performance evaluations, time and leave management, and working with HR for personnel related issues.
The ideal candidate will have
• Knowledge of data center operations, processes and continuous process improvements, ability to manage data center backups using Veeam and Synology
• Knowledge of change, problem and incident management
• Knowledge in security compliance such as CIS, NIST, HIPAA, PCI
• Working knowledge of Azure Server hosting, Sentinel log management, File shares, SQL, VNET, Gateways, Server Migrations to Azure, Azure File Shares and other Azure services.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Identity and Access Management, S3 storage and other AWS services
• Skill in working with Symantec Message Gateway, VMware and Network Monitor tools
• Skill in SFTP configuration, administration, resource integrations, and building workflows and projects
• Skill in disaster recovery planning in an Azure hosting environment
• Skill in firewall administration including Cisco and Palo Alto, rule and policy management, log review, and configuration updates as needed
• Skill managing TLS certificates
• Ability to configure, maintain and administer physical and virtual servers, to include provisioning of operating virtual machines, installation of operating systems, configuration of server services i.e., DHCP, DNS, Print Servers, Active Directory, domain controllers, Group Policy Objects, MS Exchange, server upgrades, application migrations to a new server operating system, applying security updates / patch management, etc.
• Ability to support data center infrastructure, iSCSI network and storage array
• Ability to maintain Zerto environment and perform test failovers
• Ability to manage, monitor and configure backup systems
Special Requirements: Candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders, and work in tight spaces such as under desks. Candidates of this classification may be subject to be on call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached, and/or carry an Agency-issued phone. Candidates will be subject to a background investigation including criminal, credit and driving history.
Limitations on Selection: Candidates must be willing to work in the Annapolis area.
EXAMINATION: The examination may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications will be admitted to examination for this classification. Successful candidates will be ranked as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED and placed on the employment (eligible) list for one year.
Job opportunities within the Maryland State Treasurer’s Office are accessible through JobAps, the Statewide Recruitment, Examination and Applicant tracking system. By using the Department filter and highlighting “Office of the Treasurer”, you can view all active recruitments within our agency. First time users can register for an account by selecting a position to apply for, choosing “I am a new user” at the bottom, then keying in the necessary fields.
Electronic application is strongly encouraged. If you do not have access to a computer,
you may fax your application or resume to 410-260-4090.
General questions may be directed to the STO Personnel Office at 410-260-7078.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Contact Name: Michele Reid
Company Name: Maryland State Treasurer's Office
Phone Number: 410-260-7078
Fax Number: 410-260-4090
Contact Email: email@example.com
Constitutional and statutory provisions relating to the Office of the State Treasurer may be found in Articles I, III, V, VI, and XII of the Maryland Constitution, Title 5 of the State Government Article, and Titles 2 and 6 through 9 of the State Finance and Procurement Article. The Treasurer, in general, is responsible for receiving, depositing, investing, and distributing State money.