Company: Jacobsen Daniels Enterprises
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/19/2021
Expire Date: 06/19/2021
Job Categories: Accounting/Auditing
Position Description Summary:
The Accounting Manager helps manage Jacobsen|Daniels’ accounting department and actively participates in the accounting cycle to ensure that the company’s accounting processes are timely, accurate, efficient, and consistent. This position also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with them to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
• Supervises payables and vendor relations. Prepares journal entries, and account reconciliations.
• Anticipates and provides hands on resolutions and solutions to complex finance and accounting problems.
• Manages ongoing accounting functions including daily activities and specialized activities
• Provides and interprets data from accounting records
• Creates, prepares, reads, maintains and analyzes and presents accurate financial statements
• Assists in conducting variance analyses and providing recommendations on improving efficiencies
• Works with the Controller to plan, develop and establish accounting policies and objectives
• Provides internal and external audit support
• Provides technical accounting support
• Maintains immaculate records
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field
• 5-7 years of accounting experience
• 3 years’ supervisory or management experience, audit experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of computer information systems used to present financial information
• Experience with consolidating financial statements
• Knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and internal controls policies and procedures
• Experience & knowledge working with an ERP system, Deltek experience preferred
• Work effectively within the department and across practice areas
• Strong priority management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Financial Management
• Performance Management
• Business Acumen
• Interpersonal skills – competent in building and maintaining collaborative relationships throughout the organization and with clients and vendors.
• Analysis – quickly gathers and analyzes information skillfully in order to accurately assess Team member needs, evaluate feedback and translate it into actionable recommendations
• Confidentiality – maintains confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information related to the Managing Partners, the firm, its’ clients and vendors.
• Problem Solving – Able to identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information and use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
• Initiative – identifies and acts upon opportunities to enhance results; manages problems without needing to be asked.
• Oral communication— speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
• Written Communication— edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control— demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability— consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Research – ability to use internet search engines and other tools to research and retrieve information.
• Productivity – ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Above average time management skills.
• Above average reasoning ability – Able to identify rules principles, or relationships that explain facts, data, or other information; analyze information and make correct inferences or draw accurate conclusions.
• Software/Office Equipment – proficient in computer software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point) and accounting software programs, preferably QuickBooks, at an intermediate level and ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for long periods of time, bend, use hands to manipulate (type), talk and hear; walk; sit, and lift or move no more than ten (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with occasional interruptions, and interact with staff and other organizations.
Primarily in an office environment. May be required to travel occasionally as needed to company subsidiaries and satellite/client offices to conduct due diligence and project work. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected, especially for month-end close.
Company Name: Jacobsen Daniels Enterprises
Jacobsen|Daniels (J|D) is a professional consulting services firm specializing in services for the aviation industry. Formed in 2001, our team provides solutions that are technically sound and thoughtfully designed to improve the travel experience at airports. From roadways to airways, we pursue ideas, concepts, and answers to improve the journey for the traveling public. From its Founding, J|D has been dedicated to reliable, convenient, and safe transit options that meet the rapidly changing safety and security needs of the transportation industry. Offering an array of diversified technical services, we provide strategic advice to improve performance and improve the traveler’s journey, making your vision an attainable reality.