|Vice President - Government Finance|
Company: Truist Financial
Location: Charlotte , NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 02/28/2021
Expire Date: 04/28/2021
Job Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Financial Services
Vice President - Government Finance|
Loan origination and business development for specialized municipal loan portfolio. Increase and expand the tax exempt portfolio for Truist Securities by engaging prospective clients and servicing current clients within a designated territory. Client base includes cities, towns, counties, school districts, and special purpose/public service districts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Primary client coverage officer. Develop and implement a territory specific sales and marketing platform for municipal lending. Emphasis on geographic expansion of client base as well as organic growth in existing markets.
2. Execute a wide variety of specialized governmental loan structures including bond financings, real property transactions and municipal lease purchase equipment financings.
3. Generate budgeted loan production volume through a comprehensive prospect and client calling program for assigned territory.
4. Coordinate with team underwriting and loan documentation partners in all facets of loan approval and documentation execution processes. Provide necessary support for successful funding execution.
5. Adhere to all risk/compliance policies and guidelines.
6. Prepare financing proposals in response to formal or informal requests of clients. Present financing proposals directly to clients.
7. Establish/foster relationships with other bank teammates to gain referrals, network and publicize team products and services. Provide non-credit product referrals to bank teammates.
8. Utilize Salesforce.com to organize the database, document sales efforts, track proposals and awards, maintain contacts, and pipeline management.
Required Skills and Competencies:
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Two years of experience in the financial industry or related experience working with municipal governments.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Ability to work independently
6. Strong interpersonal skills that allow for effective working relationships with others at every level in the organization
7. Ability to use Salesforce.com
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree in business-related field or public administration with financial emphasis.
2. Subject matter expertise re. municipal capital project finance.
BB&T and SunTrust formed Truist with a shared purpose—to inspire and build better lives and communities. With our combined resources, collective passion, and commitment to innovation, we’re creating a better financial experience to help people and businesses achieve more. With 275 years of combined BB&T and SunTrust history, Truist serves approximately 12 million households with leading market share in many high-growth markets in the country. The company offers a wide range of services including retail, small business and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending; and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Truist is the sixth-largest commercial bank in the U.S.