Company: Pan-Mass Challenge
Location: Needham, MA
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 02/25/2021
Expire Date: 04/25/2021
Job Categories: Logistics
REPORTS TO: Director of Provisions & Logistics
EFFECTIVE DATES: June 1st through August 20th
Monday through Friday - 40 hours per week, $15 per hour (40 hours not guaranteed)
The PMC is the largest single athletic fundraising event in the country and passes through 100% of all riders fundraising to DFCI. PMC Logistics Interns are critical members of the PMC Logistic team. They work with PMC full-time staff and volunteers to receive, organize, and deploy all equipment materials to run a successful PMC weekend.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily Responsibilities include:
• Unloading trucks as well as checking in supplies & equipment
• Building pallets, organizing & loading equipment & supplies
• Organizing the warehouse
• Inventory merchandise, supplies and equipment
• Fulfill merchandise orders
• Work on projects (mailings, marketing, fundraising, event analysis) with PMC head staff throughout the summer
• Participate in PMC Head Staff meeting (July 2021)
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
PMC Weekend (August 7 & 8th) Responsibilities:
• Work with MMA hubsite leaders in all phases of hubsite logistics during PMC weekend from Friday – Sunday afternoon
o Setting up the site – finish line area, food and luggage areas, bike parking, rider pick up etc.
o Unloading and replenishing supplies throughout the event
o Site breakdown and clean-up
• No prior experience or training.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Capable of performing demanding physical labor
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Company Name: Pan-Mass Challenge
The Pan-Mass Challenge raises money for life-saving cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through an annual bike-a-thon that crosses Massachusetts. Since its founding in 1980, the PMC has successfully melded support from committed cyclists, volunteers, corporate sponsors and individual contributors. All are essential to the PMC's goal and model: to attain maximum fundraising efficiency while increasing its annual gift. Our hope and aspiration is to provide Dana-Farber's doctors and researchers with the necessary resources to discover cures for all cancers.