|Software Development Engineer Intern - Amazon Games!|
Location: Multiple Locations, WA
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 01/21/2021
Expire Date: 03/21/2021
Job Categories: Computers, Software
Software Development Engineer Intern - Amazon Games! |
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Herndon, VA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA. You may be considered for a role outside of Amazon Games.
Amazon is all in on games.
Do you want the chance to solve a real world business challenge? Are you fascinated with connecting players with games they will enjoy? Do you possess strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills? Do you enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers? If you are not afraid of ambiguity, thinking outside the box, or complex challenges, this might be the internship for you.
We believe the evolution that began with pre-internet arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and we want to be a part of that future by delivering great customer experiences to players, viewers, streamers, and game developers. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
We are looking for future Amazon interns to join us for summer 2021. You will be given the opportunity to have direct impact on an Amazon game currently under development or the evolution of game services to delight gamers, streamers, and viewers. You will be part of a team of talented and experienced engineers who are building and operating massively scalable services while developing delightful gamer experiences. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a contributor to mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security - to name a few.
Working as a part of a game team in a highly collaborative environment, you'll own and deliver a project from one of the following areas:
- Building games, products, and projects that matter to our customers
· Designing and implementing a new feature or service to delight our Prime Gaming customers
- Designing and implementing a new gameplay system or game feature
- Designing and implementing features or services that help connect game developers to players, viewers, and streamers
· Designing and implementing a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service or tool to enable gameplay experiences
In addition to an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians in both personal and professional development, expand your network, and take part in fun activities throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap – you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), leveraging the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
If this excites you, come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and September 2020. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
· Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting-edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
· Currently enrolled in an Associate’s, Bachelor's or higher degree program in Stem related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
· Demonstrated interest in online video games (playing, building, streaming, viewing)
· Enrolled in, or received BA degree in Computer Science
· Strong understanding objective-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
· Experience in one or more object-orientated programming languages (C#, C++)
· Ability to articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication
· Experience in games industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Great minds think differently. That’s why we need you. When you join Amazon Web Services as a student or recent graduate, you’ll have the chance for your voice to not just be heard—but to be amplified. That’s because our teams here are looking to learn as much from you as you’ll learn from them. Whether you’re graduating with an undergraduate degree, Master’s degree, MBA, or PhD, we offer a range of early career opportunities across the globe. At AWS, you’ll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry and gain invaluable hands-on experience from day one. You’ll also get an insider’s look at the way we work and the thinking that drives what we do. Sound interesting? Then come build the future with us.