|Associate Director of Multicultural Recruitment & Admission|
Company: Deerfield Academy
Location: Deerfield, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/18/2021
Expire Date: 03/18/2021
Job Categories: Education
Associate Director of Multicultural Recruitment & Admission|
Deerfield Academy seeks a dynamic and experienced Associate Director of Multicultural Recruitment & Admission to start on August 15, 2021. We seek applicants who care deeply about students, work collaboratively with their colleagues, and are sincerely committed to developing an inclusive community. As a private boarding school, Deerfield offers an outstanding working environment, rich benefits, and students who are motivated to learn. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Admission/Director of Multicultural Recruitment, and in collaboration with the team of admission officers, the Associate Director of Multicultural Recruitment will attract, recruit, and enroll each year’s cohort of students, with a primary emphasis on students of color, in service of the Academy’s mission.
• Identify, cultivate, recruit, and enroll students of color through outreach, with primary responsibility for yielding admitted students of color.
• Initiate and maintain relationships with programs which identify talented students of color
• Attend events and functions to promote Deerfield to underrepresented candidates.
• Develop and maintain a nuanced understanding of the Academy’s curriculum, programs, and initiatives.
• Maintain industry knowledge and trends, including technology and data management skills.
• Participate in the creation and review of external admission materials, in partnership with the Communication Office.
Candidate Selection Process
• Interview applicants and write a summary of each interview
• Travel to recruit students to ensure the strongest possible candidate pool.
• Co-chair one cohort within Admission Committee
• Partner with student tour guides to ensure an effective and appropriate engagement with visiting families.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1-3 years Admission/outreach related experience preferred
• Ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, and to serving the needs of a diverse community
• Discretion and a sensitivity to confidential matters
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Deerfield offers an unmatched environment for teaching. Near the Five Colleges (Amherst, Smith, Mount Holyoke, Hampshire, and UMass Amherst), Deerfield’s 300-acre campus hosts exceptional facilities that enable powerful teaching both in and out of the classroom. Our students are engaging and excited to learn—and they are willing to work hard at their studies. Outside the classroom, our community is focused on active and ethical living.
Our teachers are committed to ongoing renewal. We seek candidates who are committed to their own professional growth, who are eager to work with colleagues in a productive manner towards departmental goals, and who can foster critical thinking, empathy, and determination in our students. As a boarding school, our faculty teach, mentor, and model—in the classroom, in the dorm, at the dining hall, and on the playing field.
Diversity is essential to Deerfield’s success. Diverse perspectives within our school population fuel creative and innovative thinking, build empathy and consideration, and provide varied skills and experiences from which the entire community can benefit. Deerfield actively seeks candidates who are members of or support traditionally underrepresented groups—especially in terms of race, sexual orientation, religious, ethnic and socioeconomic background.
Deerfield Academy is a private, coeducational boarding school located in western Massachusetts with 650 students and 140 faculty. The Academy was founded in 1797 and has no religious affiliation.
The school is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity Employment and nondiscrimination against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status as a veteran or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.