Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Location: Itasca, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/10/2020
Expire Date: 10/10/2020
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s health, is seeking a strategic thinker with strong communication skills to develop and direct implementation of AAP marketing strategies and business plans for assigned lines of businesses, including publications, journals, PREP, virtual and live CME activities, National Conference & Exhibition, NICU Verification and programs to meet and exceed annual budget projections. This position will develop and monitor annual budget projections to meet and exceed financial goals.
Some tasks include:
1. Develop and direct all marketing business plans, including multi-channel direct marketing and sales channels, licensing, and pricing models for products and programs to achieve maximized ROI, revenue, and margin goals.
2. Assist in the development of annual revenue and expense projections across all business units. Consistently monitor and make recommendations for plan adjustments to meet or exceed budget projections.
3. Develop and oversee assigned operational budgets and report on variances.
4. Recruit, train, and supervise assigned staff and provide leadership to Marketing team.
5. Analyze and measure results for multi-channel marketing programs and channels to meet and exceed budget projections and ROI by product line.
6. Support member and Customer Care staff to meet marketing and sales objectives by developing appropriate sales tools and marketing materials. Ensure attendance at and staffing of exhibits at trade shows as necessary to effectively promote AAP products and services.
7. Work with other business unit leaders to help them refine existing or develop new products to respond to market needs and trends. Contribute to their business strategies to grow the existing markets and associated revenues.
8. Propose and administer consistent business terms, as authorized, that are compatible with industry standards and the financial goals of the AAP, including pricing strategies.
9. Obtain realistic measurements of the effectiveness of all marketing campaigns, as well as individual promotions and presentations, to appropriately allocate marketing efforts and budget.
10. Conduct opportunity assessments in conjunction with Chief Product and Services Officer/SVP and other staff for co-publishing ventures and acquisitions. Identify projects and partners for joint ventures to expand available resources. Identify new distribution opportunities.
11. Participate in relevant AAP meetings and those of external organizations and stakeholders.
12. Prepare standard and ad hoc reports and presentations on marketing activities for leadership and Board of Directors.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communication or related field required. MBA or other related master’s degree preferred.
2. At least seven years’ related progressive experience managing integrated marketing and/or sales activities required, including strategic planning, developing business plans, budget development and forecasting, market research, ROI analysis, and supervising staff. Experience in an association and/or a with medical or consumer publishing highly desirable.
3. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, communication, and leadership skills required. Strong financial acumen with the ability to effectively manage a large budget and analyze and interpret data essential. Must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, collaborate effectively and build strong working relations with various internal and external constituents, take initiative, and effectively lead staff. Strong technical acumen required with MS Office required; familiarity with a CRM (eg, netForum) and SalesForce a plus. Travel and weekend work required.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Company Name: American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 475 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.