|Associate Director of Financial Aid and Compliance|
Company: Azusa Pacific University
Location: Azusa, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/01/2020
Expire Date: 09/01/2020
Job Categories: Education
Associate Director of Financial Aid and Compliance|
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead university efforts toward financial aid compliance, accuracy, efficiency, and exceptional student service. This position will assume leadership roles within the University Compliance Committee. This role supervises the financial aid compliance staff to maintain Title IV compliance and meet overall enrollment and revenue goals by monitoring, training, and ensuring staff adherence to regulatory requirements and internal policies. Also works in collaboration with the Financial Aid leadership teams, as well as the Graduate and Professional Center and Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center to provide excellent service for students.
BA degree required, MA strongly preferred and/or combination of work experience with further education.
* 7-10 years of financial aid, regulation, compliance and/or student financial services experience required.
* 3-5 years of supervisory experience required.
* 3-5 years of federal and state financial aid compliance experience preferred.
* Must be currently licensed to drive in the state of California.
* Provides leadership for the University in financial aid compliance as well as federal compliance issues that impact the University’s three departments of Student Financial Services.
* Works closely with various APU entities (including LAPU) that are involved with benefits for military and military-connected students to establish procedures that ensure systematically identifying and resolving all issues of compliance.
* Oversees all quality control processes related to financial aid operations, and develops a process for and conducts regular internal auditing of Graduate and Professional Student Financial Services files and activities to ensure quality control, internal consistency and compliance with Department of Education regulations.
* Coaches and provides professional development direction to Financial Aid staff and staff in other departments.
* Direct a comprehensive training program for all financial aid employees and staff in other departments that intersect with financial aid administration.
* Ensures both the accessibility of APU’s student consumer information on the SFS website and timely delivery of the required notification to current and prospective students and employees.
* Prepares written reports, resources, education and training materials.
* Develops university policy as it relates to Financial Aid administration and compliance and disseminates that documentation.
* Assists in the development of daily operational guidelines, procedures, and timeline for financial aid staff and implements ideas, solutions, and improvements as needed.
* Acts as part of various leadership teams.
* Meets with the leadership team to strategize and resolve problems.
* Oversees the preparation of various office reports and files for program reviews and the university’s annual A-133 audit. Serves as the main point of contact for the university as connected to audits, is responsible to ensure that audits are fully completed in a timely manner, and will coordinate with other areas on campus to collect the needed documents as requested by the auditing firm/s.
* Maintain a detailed understanding of federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations by subscribing to listservs, networking with other financial aid offices, and representing the university at state, regional, and national conferences and training events.
* Review and disseminate compliance updates from the U.S. Department of Education, the California Student Aid Commission, and professional organizations that support the processing of Title IV aid and state financial aid.
* Is an active member on the Financial Aid Management Team and works with the Sr. Director, Associate Directors, Data Analysts, IMT and Enrollment Data Management in pulling data and reports on necessary items within financial aid.
* Ability to build, develop, and lead a diverse workforce in a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks individuals who are committed to diversity and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation
* Required to work all Saturday commencement events (Winter and Spring).
* Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, analytical and problem solving skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
* Proficient in data entry, analysis and quality control monitoring.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Develop and deliver training presentations.
* Manage details and follow through.
* Be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
* Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
* Availability to drive and travel locally, and on occasion, nationally.
* Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
* Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with PeopleSoft preferred.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.