Development Director (virtual)
UltraViolet is hiring a Development Director to oversee the organizationís fundraising efforts, with a focus on foundations and major donors. The person in this role manages the development team staff and systems, and is focused on cultivating existing donor relationships, identifying new sources of funding, and maintaining strong and successful relationships to enhance the organizationís fundraising efforts.
Reports to: VP of Organizational Advancement
Supervises: Senior Advancement Manager
In 2012, UltraViolet was launched to harness the collective power of millions of people to advance women's equity through rapid-response digital organizing.
Since then, UltraViolet has been the premier national organization elevating all of the issues that impact women's lives across identity--from intimate partner and state violence to health care to economic policy--to a national audience. Our goal has been to expose sexism and rape culture by using rapid-response campaigns to create public accountability and advocate for solutions.
To do that, over the last eight years, we've built a sustained community of 1.2 million committed and engaged activists in every state and congressional district across the country, and ignited a new wave of feminist activism.
Moving ahead, UltraViolet will focus on building an intersectional feminist community online by creating compelling stories and offering ways to take action that center the voices and perspectives of women of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ people. It is these stories--from our members and our staff--that will drive demand for the kind of changes women need.
If fighting for a world beyond patriarchy--where people of all backgrounds and identities thrive with freedom and dignity--is your passion, UltraViolet is the organization for you!
UltraViolet is an organization run by women, immigrants, people of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ+ people. Sexism disparately impacts us, and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
The UltraViolet Development Director is responsible for developing and executing the organizationís fundraising efforts, including donor communications and cultivation, donor prospecting, and department management. Working closely with the Executive Director and VPs, the Development Director leads fundraising for all three UltraViolet entities (501c3, 501c4, and SuperPAC) to meet the organizationís annual goals, with the exception of small dollar digital fundraising.
If you have a passion for fundraising, strategic communications, and networking to support UltraVioletís mission of building a more just world beyond white supremacist patriarchy, you should apply for this role.
These are the required skills for this position:
- Eight or more years fundraising experience, including demonstrated experience raising funds from charitable foundations and major donors
- Proven experience designing and implementing fundraising goals, quarterly plans, and systems for a nonprofit organization
- A track record of success initiating and cultivating relationships with a diverse array of prospective donors across nonprofit, political, and foundation sectors, both virtually and in person
- Excellent communication skills, especially in written materials and oral presentations, and deep experience writing grant proposals and pitching donors and foundations
- Existing relationships across the progressive and gender justice communities, and experience working in intersectional feminist organizing and/or racial justice organizing
- Deep commitment to UltraViolet's mission to dismantle the white supremacist patriarchy
- Proven experience managing and developing teams to achieve ambitious goals
You will thrive in this role if you're someone who:
- Thrives while working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Is deeply motivated by bringing teams together and coaching staff to be their best
- Loves working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in a low ego, collaborative environment
- Is an excellent project manager and can manage a project seamlessly from start to finish
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision for employees and generous coverage for your family
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and #pets and #joy slack channels that knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low-ego environment
The salary range for this position is $90,000-$120,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
Apply via the following link:
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.