|Cloud Solution Architects (Group 1)|
Location: Various, US
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 03/21/2021
Expire Date: 06/22/2021
Job Categories: Computers, Software
Cloud Solution Architects (Group 1)|
This represents two roles...
Security Cloud Solution Architect (CSA)
Overview Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and security, data protection, and privacy are vital pillars in our mission. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their secure digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud security solutions and support offerings. Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, flexible, and Secure cloud platform today. Microsoft is hiring security professionals to drive customer cloud security adoption for customers around the world.
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cybersecurity and research, to provide its customers with solutions that integrate across the ecosystem by connecting all of your identities, endpoints, apps, emails, docs and clouds to help you close critical gaps in coverage, reduce risk, and save costs with a streamlined security portfolio. Responsibilities We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Security Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) to drive customer transformation on the Microsoft Azure Platform. This is a customer-facing role, owning the overall technical relationship and strategy between the customer and Microsoft. You will own the Azure Security customer engagements, including architecture, implementation, and production. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success in leading in-depth technical security architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Security Architects, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and Developers to drive Security as an enabler for Azure workloads. Key responsibilities include: • Land an end-to-end value prop for Security (i.e. Zero Trust) which spans the breadth of Microsoft Security offerings • Empower customers in their Azure Security adoption journey, helping them to define a Secure strategy, Architecture, and implementation of necessary security controls aligned with Azure Security Services including Threat Protection, Monitoring, Cloud Security, and Identity and Access Management • Perform activities supporting the customer in evaluating native security solutions in areas such as Azure Defender, Network Security, Sentinel, and AAD, among others. • Accelerate Business Value of overall Azure adoption by improving security posture
• Apply technical knowledge to architect security solutions that meet business, IT, Regulation and Compliance needs, infusing key security technologies where appropriate. • Ensure that the solution exhibits “Secure by Design” or “Well-Architected” framework, such as high-performance levels, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment. • Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Global Security teams at Microsoft, Engineering and Product teams to remove blockers and influence the roadmap. • Trouble shoot technical issues to prove value of implementation of Azure technologies • Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform. • Orchestrate technical resources that may be required to deliver business outcomes. Key Skills • Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior security executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on security solutions/projects. • Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer security, compliance, and data protection problems through cloud technologies • Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, Security teams, Security admins, DevSecOps, Cloud Security architect teams). • Customer Focus. Customer obsessed leader with an “if I don’t know how to get it done, I’ll find someone who does” approach to solving customer challenges • Value Realization. Ability to understand customer business objectives and outcomes and ability to quickly leverage tech solutions to accomplish those outcomes • Trusted Technical Advisor. Ability to build strong relationships with senior security stakeholders and quickly build credibility and be viewed as a trusted advisor Technical • Enterprise-scale technical experience with Azure Security • The technical aptitude and experience to learn new cloud security technologies and understand relevant cloud security market trends. • Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of cloud security platforms. • Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs. Breadth of technical security experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Azure Security Solutions. o Cloud workload protection o Threat protection o WAF (Web Application Firewall) o Stateful firewall. (NG Firewall)
o Data encryption and protection key services. o SIEM, and Cloud Security Analytics o Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) o Security Operation Center o Identity and Access Management Education • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field experience preferred. • Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies, Cloud Security, OCSP, GIAC Certifications, CCSP Network Security, Incident Response. Experience
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Applications Development Platform. You will own the Cloud Infrastructure and Azure Applications Development technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Key responsibilities include: ·
Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding
• Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
• Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
• Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates · Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
• Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners · Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
• Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community · Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
Professional Experience -5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
• Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
• Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
• Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist) required
• Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required
• Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) required
Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
• Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies) required
• Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management);
• Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry);
• Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet);
• Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM) • one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
• Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required
• Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
• Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub). preferred
• Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
• Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
Company Name: Microsoft
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture embraces a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and a passion for encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that affect billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to assist our customers achieve their digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help our customers successfully realize their business outcomes Microsoft's Global Account Management Delivery (GAMD) is a fast-paced, growing global organization that focuses on scalable deliveries and cloud consumption with Small-Medium Enterprise Commercial, State Local Government, Education, and Non-profit customers. We are customer-obsessed As a Customer Success Account Manager; you are the primary customer-facing role responsible for customer success by managing program deliveries and strong customer relationships. Our priority is the customers' successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!