The Climate Action Campaign, a national coalition of environmental and public health groups, has a singular goal for 2020: to slow, stop or weaken the attacks on climate, clean air and clean energy. The coalition coordinates national political strategy, communications, and field operations across the country.
The Digital Organizer is a key member of the digital communication staff and is responsible for generating compelling content, coordinating with members of the State Operations and Partner Engagement teams, and analyzing usage of CAC-generated digital content to mobilize millions of citizens to slow, stop or weaken attacks on climate action,
● Draft compelling action alerts, engaging social media content, and rapid response materials, including weekly state-specific content
● Serve as digital teamís lead with the East Hub team, supporting staff on the ground in key states by developing custom content for reorient, renew, and energize targets and suggesting opportunities for paid and unpaid digital support around key moments
● Coordinate digital efforts between the digital team and issue campaigns, including reviewing weekly social content, providing digital support during key moments, and serving as a liaison between campaign teams and the digital team
● Monitor relevant state-level events and propose digital tactics and content for use by state tables
● Manage relationships with specialty consultants and join weekly calls
● Track and analyze social media performance data and produce reports on key moments and presenting on usage trends and highlights in full staff meetings
● Monitor online trends and identify opportunities for community engagement
● Develop and deliver digital trainings for a range of audiences
● Assist with CACís paid digital program by suggesting opportunities for paid engagement, planning and drafting ad content, and using polling data to identify target audiences for paid digital projects
● 1-2 years of experience generating digital content for an organization
● Strong writing skills and the ability to distill complex ideas into succinct copy
● Experience using digital tools to communicate with and motivate target groups to take action
● Track record of delivering quality results to spec under tight timelines
● Ability to coordinate effectively across departments and with external partners
● A passion for driving action on climate change
● Intermediate level graphic design skills a plus (i.e. ability to create graphics for social media)
This Position reports to the Digital Director.
Salary & Application Process
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and 401k plan.
Link to apply: https://climate-campaign.quickbase.com/db/bhtewnjrr?a=nwr
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign regularly partners with national and state-based groups, as well as leaders from diverse communities, to promote climate action, defend against attacks on the Clean Air Act and climate change policies, and showcase the unyielding transition to clean energy driven by state, local and federal action.