Job Title: Product Development - Technical Application Group Specialist
Solon, OH United States
Engineering, Science, Environmental
Product Development - Technical Application Group Specialist
You will work hands-on as the technical lead with our Pilot Plants and Factories, and Manufacturing facilities to deliver on the Innovation & Renovation (I&R) business objectives, and optimization/improvement projects.
You will represent our Product Development function (Technical Application Group, “TAG”) as the subject matter expert for product/packaging/process to help to build consumer insights. You will be the face of our products in cross-functional settings with commercial teams like Marketing, Sales, Finance, and transfer knowledge to/with our factories. In this role, you will collaborate internally and externally to build relationships to continuously improve technical capability in the organization, and in your personal development.
Do you like to travel? You will travel to factories that you partner with, (potentially) supporting Sales visits to key retailers to present out on new innovation partnerships with retailers.
Our business is focused on speed, agility, courage, and collaboration. We are in the midst of a culture shift where we are consumer obsessed and see our consumers as our True North. Come be part of our team and win in the market.
Experiences you will gain:
1. Driving Innovation and Renovation strategy. You will roll up your sleeves on product development, travel to factories to manage trials, collaborating with a variety of factory employees to influence without authority (on the leadership team and on factory lines). This is your chance to flex your creative muscles on the benchtop to bring food/recipe concepts to life.
We want to leverage your love of food and incorporate marketplace trends into our product portfolio.
You even have the chance to be a rockstar driving cost savings to remove things that do not add value to our consumers in our systems, processes, etc.
2. Improving/optimizing current and/or socializing new product, packaging, and processes within our factories and external co-manufacturers. You will work side-by-side with our commercial Marketers, T&P cross-functionals in other departments, and even raw and pack suppliers to optimize or even develop, industrialize, and launch new products, quality improvements, compliance and productivity cost savings initiatives.
3. Being a good corporate citizen protecting our consumers. You will partner with our Regulatory & Scientific Affairs team, and other cross-functionals, to stay current on/apply food laws and regulations affecting our company and products. You are the person who brings it all together with Nestlé requirements: Nutritional Requirement, Sustainability, external standards, and local regulatory framework.
4. Upskilling your skillset and being part of a highly-connected network. We can offer you Nestlé Day of Service, on-demand learning on our iLearn digitial learning platform, leadership development (Learning Circles, Lunch ‘N Learn), and physical spaces on our campuses that give you a moment to de-stress.
We offer you an environment that enables you to be your best-self: Huddle Rooms for quick chats, Meditation Rooms, Quiet Rooms, and snacks all day in the building hubs!
For the shoppers out there, we offer you Perks at Work, company store discounts on our delicious products, and Real Recognition (where you can use points to travel, buy luxury goods, etc.).
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• A BS or MS degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
• Position requires approximately 20-50% travel.
• Prefer minimum 3 years of product/packaging/process development experience in CPG or related field of work in factory environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced and high performing environment
• Exceptional organizational skills & ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
• Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written
• Highly motivated, critical thinker, goal oriented and easily adapts to change
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Power Point, Word, Project
• Preferred: SAP and CAPE Palletization Program
Foods people love, brands people trust, and a career that feeds your future. At Nestlé USA, we provide high-quality products that are critical to living well. As individuals and teams, we accept strong leadership, make significant contributions, and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and help us deliver satisfying foods that consumers around the world enjoy throughout every phase of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.